Sample "Interpretative Paths"
Shaped by engaging with, reflecting on and writing about site materials, Paths synthesize site content and integrate critical thinking directly into the Queer Archives Project, expanding and enriching it. These media-rich essays "connect the dots" in original ways, contributing new ideas and knowledge. Interpretive Paths are added by permission of a site administrator.
- Offer opportunities for critical thinking and writing
- Establish new conceptual relationships across the site
- Help illuminate and fill gaps in available materials
- Address abstract concepts (“isolation,” "allyship”) that are critical aspects LGBTQ+ history
- Narrate context that we already “know historically” but cannot yet see via material artifacts
- Enrich the site with new perspectives and generate new questions about Lafayette's Queer history